Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm Not Ready for This

I have big plans for this summer. 

Plans that include pools, splash pads, finger painting, organizing, decorating, crafting. You know, fun momma things. Things that have been on hold for months during the house drama, moving, moving again, and unpacking. Last week through the beginning of this week I felt like I finally had my life back and I had a blast with the boys. We went to the library twice, made a Summer Reading bulletin board, played lots of board games, played in the backyard sprinklers and really enjoyed the beginning of summer in our new home. 

Then yesterday afternoon...they came. 

Those things that I've been dreading. That I knew may come too soon but prayed against. Prayed that they would wait until the time was right. But for whatever reason, God has a different plan. A plan that is going to slow me down a little, unless they take a different path and hold off. 

Who are these dreaded beings? Contractions. Bed rest contractions. Contractions that turn our whole world upside down. Because you see, unlike most people who have contractions around 37-40 weeks, I start having contractions way too early. Both boys started at 28 weeks and I was on bed rest until 35ish weeks. So I was expecting them at 28 weeks this time. 

Not 24. 

I haven't been to the doctor yet. Honestly, its because I know exactly what she'll say. Take these pills and stay on bed rest. And I'm not ready for that. We have our LAST wedding this weekend and they are depending on me. This family is special to me (the bride is one of my college roommate's little sister) and I will not let them down. I will work through the contractions and start bed rest next week if that's what it takes. 

These aren't "stop me in my tracks,dying in pain" contractions. They are just constant, nagging ones that come and go throughout the day. I'll have spurts of them where I think I need to go to the hospital, and then I won't have another for a couple of hours. Regardless, its not safe at all for me to have them this early. I know that. I know the safety of my baby is much more important than my summer plans. So on Monday, if the doctor prescribes those 2 dreaded words, I promise to do what she says. I'm just so sad that they are starting. 

So will you be praying with us that they stop? I really want the little guy (whose name is still not a for sure thing) to stay put as long as he is supposed to and keep growing and getting stronger. And I really want to enjoy these last 3 1/2 months with the 2 boys I have already running around here. 

Well, I'm having a contraction so that must be my cue to go lay back down. Arrgghh!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a note! We love hearing from you!