Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

personal style?

When we moved into our home a little over a month ago, I thought I knew how I wanted to decorate most of the rooms. And now, thanks to Pinterest, I might possibly be more confused. You see, I've discovered while "pinning" that my style is all over the place. I see a distressed piece of decor or furniture and love it. 


I see a sleek, stylish master bedroom and love it as well. 

But I don't think these 2 styles mix. One is more vintage, one is more contemporary. I fall somewhere in the middle and I don't know how to make them work together. I know that I'm not an all out shabby chic with lace person. But I'm also not completely contemporary with smooth lines and no texture. 

In the past, we've always decorated with black frames and black furniture and just added color in the details. I knew coming into this home I didn't want that. I wanted color, texture and warmth. Not the cold feel of so much sleek black. However, now we have black furniture that we spent money on that we are not replacing. So without sanding and stripping my furniture down, I need to find ways to incorporate my new love for different colors and textures with these pieces. And honestly, I need suggestions from some of you pro decorators. Pro meaning people that I think your houses are cute. So if you are crafty, like to decorate, go to Round Top or garage sales and create masterpieces with your finds, or just love this stuff..just assume I'm talking to you. Over the next couple of days I plan to take pictures of our home and will post the areas I need help in. So be ready! 

In the meantime, is there a way for you to suggest items to me on Pinterest? I saw that you can allow people to post to your boards, but you have to specify each person and I don't know who all is willing to help me out. But if there's a way, please suggest as much as you like! Or post it to your own board with a comment and let me know to follow you! My pinterest name is mattandlarra. I'm counting on all of you!!

*If this whole "Pinterest" thing is a foreign word to you, don't worry. Until last week it was to me too. And now its a new obsession. So go to the site, sign up, and fall in love. That's all I can say. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a note! We love hearing from you!