Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

chore chart solution

I posted last week about looking for the best chore system for the boys. After look into many ideas, and considering what would work best for our family, I decided on a simple check-off system. Although so many were very tempting to try to implement, I felt that with them being 3 and 4.5, we would start with simple. Here's what I came up with....

I haven't had then laminated yet, so they aren't hanging. Therefore I have no photos so you can at least see the digital version. Just a simple 8.5x11 designed in photoshop. The boys are really into Super Heros right now, and even call themselves Super Helpers when they are helping out. So it took no time to come up with a theme for the header. I chose to include images since the boys can't read yet. I'll explain what all the pictures mean and knowing them, I'll think they'll get the hang of it real quick. We'll laminate, hang on the fridge, and have the boys check off as they complete tasks. Tasks included are being kind to each other (one that we are working on daily), cleaning their room, cleaning their toys from the living room, Mom's Choice (I get to choose a job for them), Being Kind to Brooks, Brushing Teeth at night, and then the Super Help Bonus. This is my fave. This is where I will give them a check for doing something to help out with out being asked. Just out of their desire to help out. They do this a lot..usually more than if we tell them to do something. I'm excited to get these up next week and let the boys start using them. We've been talking about their new chore charts and they seem excited. We'll see if the enthusiasm remains...

I've also created some blank and generic charts if any of you have any super helpers of your own. They don't include a name at the top. One includes the images and the other is completely blank for you to fill in your own tasks.
 To download the files, just right click. They should save at full size. If not, let me know and I can send them to you. I'm sure there's a fancy way to offer downloadable files, but I haven't had time to research it. (If anyone knows, feel free to let me know!)

We are preparing for a super helper's big birthday this weekend so we're putting the chore charts off until next week. But I can't wait to get them started!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a note! We love hearing from you!