Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thanks Kendra!

Kendra shared her cute little lap desks she made for Taylor Joy and a friend. I was definitely inspired! Brody is starting to color a lot and I thought this would be a fun project to take on. Plus, he'll feel like such a big boy! When he's older, we'll be able to do so many fun crafts on this. So here's my final result. Not nearly as cute as Kendra's. I only had a short time to do it in during naptime so I was a little rushed. I had a couple of bubbles that you can see in the pic but was able to smooth them out. I used scrapbook paper and stickers from the materials I'm using to make Carson's baby book, but I didn't think he would mind. It's transportation themed, and since Brody LOVES cars, I thought it would be a good fit for him. The only thing I did differently than Kendra is that I printed Brody's name out and cut the letters. I only did this bc I didn't trust myself to write the name and not mess it up. However, if you have good handwriting, I would suggest following her instructions and going with the Sharpie. It was tough sometimes to keep the letters from bubbling plus it adds more texture to the desk so it may make it a tad bumpy. But I got it pretty smooth so I'm sure it will be fine for Brody.

1 comment:

  1. So CUTE! Great job! I need to get started on one for Beckett...he'll be jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a note! We love hearing from you!