Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

HELP!

Many of you know that I'm obsessed with organizing. I love cute containers, labels, folders, files, etc. Anything that organizes a space..you name it, I love it! I can't walk into Target without walking down the organization aisles. I didn't register for a lot of baby items since we're having another boy, but did need a few essentials. As I was milling the aisles with that cool scanner , I "stumbled" across an aisle of storage containers. I think I clicked just about every one! And they have cool green and blue lids!

However, I'm having such a hard time deciding what to do with Carson's room. His room right now is a multi-purpose room. When we bought our house it was a 2 bedroom and we converted the garage to make it 3. See here for pics. (Wow, I didn't realize how clean my house used to be before we had a child!) So, the room that will be Carson's room has the washer and dryer in a closet, my desk, and HAD a guest bed but we took it out. Currently it has garage sale stuff piled in it plus a bunch of toys that Brody plays with while I'm working on the computer. And the closet is full of coats, board games, craft supplies, etc. This room also has an exterior door that leads to our backyard and driveway. So see, it serves MANY purposes. Here are some photos from today.My desk area..its a disaster right now.

Closet..view from laundry area.

Laundry closet.

The mess. View from entrance.

So as you can see, I have a huge project in front of me. All the stuff piled along the wall will be gone next weekend after Kristin and I have a garage sale. However, what do I do with the closet? Can I fit a crib and small chest of drawers in here? What about the desk? Should I keep it in the room? I have to have my computer and client files somewhere. I MIGHT have an idea where the computer could be safely tucked away, but it would mean giving up my desk that I love. Normally I'm good at this type of project! But for some reason I can't visualize this one.

So people...any ideas you have would be much appreciated! I'm 27 weeks right now..and Carson will probably come a couple weeks early. So I hopefully have anywhere from 10-13 weeks to figure this all out, empty out this room and get organized. But that time will fly by! Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! What a great space you created there. Can't wait to see it as the baby space. If it was me I would definitely move the desk out as otherwise you will be limited to the times you can get on the computer. That will free up room for the crib in there as well as a dresser.

    I would love to see it when you have it all set up.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a note! We love hearing from you!