Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Baby #3: 20 Weeks

If you expected a post as soon as we found out the gender of this sweet baby, well, too bad. Life just doesn't always work out like we plan. I feel like I have so many posts to write about the last 3 weeks of our life, but I decided this post should be fully devoted to our sweet baby since HE hasn't been getting much attention.

Yes, that's right. We are having another BOY!! And since this is our last baby, I get to be the princess of the house and a mom to all boys! I think Andrea was the only person in the world who thought we were having a boy. Everyone just really wanted it to be a girl, including me. But I'm totally ok with this new reality. The reality of lots of bugs, frogs, lizards and dirt. Lots of baseball and sword fights. Matt said I'm the perfect person to have all boys. I love baseball but I'm not sure about all the bugs and junk. Guess I'll have to get used to it!

I don't have a belly shot for this week..but I've grown since 17 weeks for sure.

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week:

How Far Along: 20 Weeks

Maternity Clothes: Still awkward in some maternity but definitely not in my normal pants. I can wear some normal tops still.
Fruit/Veggie: Banana

Baby changes: Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured changes now.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

Best Moment this week: Nothing particular this week but we close on our house tomorrow!

Gender: Baby Boy

Movement: Very active little guy. Lots of poking, prodding and rolling.

Food Cravings: milkshakes and pizza

Sleep:Well, we haven't been in our own bed for the last couple of weeks so that makes it more uncomfortable..so I'm not sure what my lack of sleep is really due to. Probably a combination of both.

What I am looking forward to: Moving into our new house THIS WEEKEND!

Symptoms: Still really tired and a few headaches but other than that feeling pretty good

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a note! We love hearing from you!