Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

july 16: Carson Monster is 2!

This past Saturday was Car-Baby aka Carson Monster aka Car-J's 2nd birthday. I know its cliche, but the time really has flown by. I seriously almost remember every moment from the day of his birth. It just really does not seem that long ago. He is such a joy to us and those who love him.

Carson Monster, we love you THIS much and are so blessed to have you as our son! We love hearing your funny little voice and the crazy things that you come up with. The way you adore your big brother and try to copy everything he does is precious, although not always the wisest thing. You already talk about Baby Brooks and we are so excited for you to get to be a big brother in just 2 short months! We thought this party theme was very appropriate for you and we hope you enjoyed every minute of it with some of your friends.

As you can tell, Carson Monster is one of Carson's nicknames. Brody came up with it a while back and it is actually very appropriate for Carson. He's not a terror or anything, but he just has this funny little personality that reminds me of a cute little monster, if that even makes sense. I think its his short stocky build too. I saw this theme on my favorite party planning blog months ago and knew it was the one. Then, Andrea sent me the link as well so obviously others thought it fit well too! I began designing in Silhouette and slowly working on things weeks ago. Then, the week of the party Leigh Ann came to stay to help out with the kids, party planning, etc so that I wouldn't over do it and have a ton of contractions. We had a lot of fun picking out paper goods and assembling decor. Thanks Leigh Ann for all you did last week! You were a lifesaver!

 Monster Juice and Strawberry Lemonade.

 Monster Juice = Yellow & Blue Koolaid mixed

 Monster Cupcake Topper



 Leigh Ann gets all the credit for the cakes and cupcakes. I left the baking and decorating to her while I handled the paper crafting. She did a great job! 

 Carson got his own cake this year.

 I'm Two!!

 We are in the middle of removing wallpaper and getting ready to texture and paint our kitchen. So we created a little monster backdrop to disguise some of the mess. 

 Does anyone think he needs a larger shirt?


 Enjoying the pool with a few of his friends.

 Learning to use the water gun.


 What started as this.....

 soon became this. And it was a hit!


 Family photo 

 Great job buddy!
 I forgot to take a picture of the monster fruit cups on the table, so here's one in use!

 Mmmm Mmm Good!
 Thank you for coming to my party!


We hope you enjoyed your Monster Bash, Carson Monster! Looking forward to many more cutie patootie parties with you and your brothers!

1 comment:

  1. That last picture is precious. I may be a little biased though. They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving us a note! We love hearing from you!