Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sike!

That's what the buyer of our house told us..SIKE! We found out last night..with 5 hours left in the option period..that the buyer was backing out. They just panicked. Got cold feet. The thought of a mortgage was scary.

So where does that leave us? Disappointed. Frustrated because unless a new buyer comes along ASAP, we lose the house we were trying to buy in College Station...and the money we spent for all the inspections. We know God has a plan in all of this. Maybe the purchase just wouldn't have been good for that person. Or maybe we aren't supposed to have the house we picked out. Or maybe we are but we just need to learn patience. Whatever it is, we are trying to accept it and wait to see what will happen next.

I already miss "my new house." I had all my wall colors picked out and my furniture arranged in my head. I could picture our friends sitting around our new living room for game nights. Our children's birthday parties in the backyard. I was in love with the house that much. And maybe that's why it got taken away or possibly taken away. Because I was too wrapped up in this worldly possession. God is teaching us A LOT through this home buying and selling process. Its a process that makes me not want to have to do it again for a long time. We want to make the wisest financial decision as well as a decision pleasing to the Lord.

So in the meantime, we keep praying. Praying for a new buyer. Praying that God will provide the right house for us if we aren't meant to have this one. I've always been told that if you pray for patience be prepared for the storms to come. And boy are they coming these days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a note! We love hearing from you!